Pasta Salad Plus Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the next nine ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 15 servings.
1 cup: 267 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 474mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Pasta Salad Plus
"Good one to cook"
"I love this recipe. It is so delicious. I use Splenda instead of sugar, and it's just fine too. You have to try it and it feeds a crowd!"