"When it comes to pleasing a crowd at a picnic or other summer gathering, this colorful pasta and veggie salad does the trick," say Taunja Roberts of Amity, Oregon. "My good fried Melody created this terrific recipe and shared it with me.
Recommended: 25 Cucumber Recipes to Make This Summer
- 12 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the next nine ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Pasta Salad Plus in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p60
Reviews for Pasta Salad Plus
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2013
"Good one to cook"
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2011
Reviewed May. 23, 2008 Edited Jan. 31, 2013
"I love this recipe. It is so delicious. I use Splenda instead of sugar, and it's just fine too. You have to try it and it feeds a crowd!"