- 6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 small zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 yellow summer squash, quartered and sliced
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, place asparagus and carrots in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 2 minutes. Add zucchini and squash; cover and steam 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and soy milk until smooth. Stir in the salt, basil and oregano. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Drain pasta; toss with vegetables and sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pasta Primavera with Soy Cream Sauce in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p61
Reviews for Pasta Primavera with Soy Cream Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review