Pasta Primavera with Shrimp Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook linguine according to package directions, adding shrimp and vegetables during the last 4 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the flour, cream and broth until smooth. Add the cheese, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Drain linguine mixture and return to the pan. Add cream sauce; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (2 cups) equals 575 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 218 mg cholesterol, 682 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.