Canned soup, frozen vegetables and other kitchen staples bring this popular family meal together in no time. Simply add a green salad and some garlic bread, and dinner is ready.
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the soup, water, lemon juice, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir in vegetables; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in chicken; heat through. Drain spaghetti; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Pasta Primavera in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p29
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pasta Primavera with Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review