- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the soup, water, lemon juice, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir in vegetables; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in chicken; heat through. Drain spaghetti; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pasta Primavera with Chicken
Sort By :
"Good even the kids enjoyed it."
"I made this for dinner last night and we loved it. It was flavorful, hearty and nuritious. I left out the lemon juice which would have brightened the flavor and stirred in the parmesan. I will definiely make this again."
"it wasnt bad but lacked some flavor. i tweaked it by cooking some onions and fresh garlic with the chicken breast and adding a few dashes of franks hot sauce into the sauce. flavor achieved! i cut and steamed fresh broccoli, carrots and cauliflower to use up some community co-op produce. also i changed the pasta to garden rigatoni and used coconut milk rather than water. i know, its like this is a whole new recipe, not much of a review, sorry."