- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 5 quarts water
- 1 package (7 ounces) uncooked spaghetti
- 1 pound fresh snow peas
- PEANUT SAUCE:
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Place pork in a large resealable plastic bag; add the marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place pork on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Cover with foil; let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into thin slices.
- Place 5 qts. water in a soup kettle; bring to a boil. Add pasta; cook, uncovered, in boiling water for 10 minutes. Add snow peas; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until pasta and peas are tender; drain.
- In a large nonstick skillet, whisk the broth, peanut butter, vinegar, oil, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and pepper flakes until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the pasta mixture and tomatoes; heat through. Arrange sliced pork over pasta mixture. Sprinkle with onions. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pasta Pork Medley in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pasta Pork Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >