Pasta Pizza Venison Bake Recipe
Venison gives a pleasant change-of-pace flavor to this quick-to-fix pasta casserole. "Since my husband is an avid hunter, I'm always trying to find new ways to prepare ground venison," writes Donna Thomas from Bark River, Michigan. "Even those who usually don't care for the meat will like this hearty on-dish meal."
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the venison, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Drain the macaroni; place half in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the venison, pizza sauce, mushrooms and cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 459 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 971 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 42 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC