Pasta Pizza Soup
"A steaming bowl of this soup hits the spot on a cold rainy or snowy day, which we have in abundance here," writes Linda Fox of Soldotna, Alaska. Oregano adds fast flavor to the pleasant combination of tender vegetables, pasta spirals and ground beef.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 cups cooked tricolor spiral pasta
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the beef, mushrooms, onion
- and celery until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute
- longer. Drain.
- Stir in the water, tomatoes, carrots, bouillon, bay leaf and oregano.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or
- until carrots are tender. Stir in pasta; heat through. Discard bay
- leaf. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with low-sodium bouillon) equals 168 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 401 mg sodium,