Pasta Pizza Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 cups cooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the beef, mushrooms, onion and celery until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- 2. Stir in the water, tomatoes, carrots, bouillon, bay leaf and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until carrots are tender. Stir in pasta; heat through. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
1 serving (prepared with low-sodium bouillon) equals 168 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 401 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pasta Pizza Soup
"My whole family loves this soup."
"This has become a family favorite. My husband loves this soup.I have also used other types of pasta and it always turns out great."