"A steaming bowl of this soup hits the spot on a cold rainy or snowy day, which we have in abundance here," writes Linda Fox of Soldotna, Alaska. Oregano adds fast flavor to the pleasant combination of tender vegetables, pasta spirals and ground beef.
Featured In: Pizza-Flavored Recipes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 cups cooked tricolor spiral pasta
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the beef, mushrooms, onion and celery until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the water, tomatoes, carrots, bouillon, bay leaf and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until carrots are tender. Stir in pasta; heat through. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Originally published as Pasta Pizza Soup in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p44
Reviews for Pasta Pizza Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2013
"My whole family loves this soup."
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2012
"This has become a family favorite. My husband loves this soup.I have also used other types of pasta and it always turns out great."