Pasta Pizza Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 cups cooked tricolor spiral pasta
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the beef, mushrooms, onion and celery until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the water, tomatoes, carrots, bouillon, bay leaf and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until carrots are tender. Stir in pasta; heat through. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Originally published as Pasta Pizza Soup in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p44
Reviews for Pasta Pizza Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2013
"My whole family loves this soup."
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2012
"This has become a family favorite. My husband loves this soup.I have also used other types of pasta and it always turns out great."