Pasta Pie Recipe
- 7 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Combine hot spaghetti, butter, Parmesan cheese and eggs in a large bowl. Turn into a greased 10-in. pie plate. Using your fingers, form a crust; set aside.
- 2. In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, oregano and garlic salt; heat through. Spread cottage cheese evenly over crust. Spoon ground beef mixture over cottage cheese layer.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 433 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 632 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Pasta Pie
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.