Ground lamb provides an interesting change from ground beef in this speedy stovetop dinner. Use shells, spirals or any small pasta you have on hand.
- 1 package (8 ounces) small pasta
- 12 ounces ground lamb
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and thinly sliced (1-1/4 cups)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, cook lamb, onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Set aside and keep warm.
- In same skillet, combine the zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms, basil, pepper and seasoned salt. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain pasta. Add pasta along with olives and lamb mixture to skillet; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pasta Lamb Skillet in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p47
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pasta Lamb Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review