Pasta Jambalaya Recipe
- 1/4 pound Johnsonville® Hot Italian Ground Sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Cajun stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced and quartered
- 1 small zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen cooked shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked pasta
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Add chicken; cook until chicken is no longer pink. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, salsa, carrot, squash and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in shrimp; heat until shrimp turn pink. Serve over pasta; sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 234 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 1,397 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.