Pasta Fruit Salad
Reports Dixie Terry of Goreville, Illinois, "When I serve this unusual but delicious dish at a buffet dinner or picnic, it always draws favorable comments. Give it a try!"
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 large navel orange, peeled, sectioned and halved
- 1 cup halved red grapes
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 large firm banana, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold
- water. Place in a large bowl; add the fruit. Combine yogurt and
- orange juice concentrate; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover
- and chill for several hours. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1-cup serving (prepared with nonfat yogurt) equals 192 calories, 20 mg sodium, trace cholesterol, 42 gm carbohydrate, 6 gm protein, 1 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit.