Pasta Frittata Recipe
This well-seasoned frittata, starring ham, eggs, cheese and pasta, is always popular on a buffet. It bakes up a lovely golden brown and slices like a dream. Folks can bring their appetites when this dish is served and walk away satisfied! — Penny McBride Decatur, Illinois
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 ounces sliced deli ham, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cooked angel hair pasta
- 1. In an ovenproof skillet, saute onion in oil. Add ham and garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Remove and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and egg whites. Add cheese, parsley and seasonings. Add the ham mixture and pasta.
- 2. Coat the same skillet with cooking spray if necessary. Add pasta mixture. Cover and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. Uncover. Bake at 400° for 13 minutes or until set. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 301 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 251 mg cholesterol, 1,107 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Pasta Frittata
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC