- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 ounces sliced deli ham, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cooked angel hair pasta
- In an ovenproof skillet, saute onion in oil. Add ham and garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Remove and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and egg whites. Add cheese, parsley and seasonings. Add the ham mixture and pasta.
- Coat the same skillet with cooking spray if necessary. Add pasta mixture. Cover and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. Uncover. Bake at 400° for 13 minutes or until set. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pasta Frittata
"When I made this recipe I made two mistakes. In my hurry, I put in 2 tablespoons of DRIED parsley, not fresh parsley. I should have put in 2 TEASPOONS of dried parsley because that is the equivalent of 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley. I also overbaked it a little. These two mistakes probably gave me a wrong opinion if it were done right- but my family and I found it dry and hard and the parsley of course was very overpowering."
"I followed the recipe, but I don't know what happened because it came out like dry noodle pie. :/"
"Very tasty, although I was dissappointed to see that instructions on cutting/serving the dish weren't included. I wasn't sure if I should try to flip the dish onto a plate, or just serve from the pan.I made a fw alterations. I severely limited the onion, since my husband isn't an onion pan. Plus I substituted the garlic cloves with onion powder. I also didn't have Colby cheese, so I used a mexican blend instead. It tasted fine with the mexican cheese, but probably not as salty/savory as originally intended."