- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup uncooked ditalini or other small pasta
- 1/2 cup canned white kidney or cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup torn fresh spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter and oil. Add broth; bring to a boil. Add pasta; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add the beans, tomatoes, spinach and salt. Cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pasta Bean Soup in Reminisce May/June 2005, p50
Reviews for Pasta Fagioli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2010
"This is a deliciously satisfying soup. My husband, who is not big on homemade soups, loves this one. Even my grandkids love it."
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2008
"Hi Barb,Thank you so much for posting this receipe. I love soups like this and have been looking for a Pasta Bean soup for quite a while. I will definately be making this. chio Barbara"