- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup uncooked ditalini or other small pasta
- 1/2 cup canned white kidney or cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup torn fresh spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter and oil. Add broth; bring to a boil. Add pasta; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add the beans, tomatoes, spinach and salt. Cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Pasta Fagioli
Sort By :
This is a deliciously satisfying soup. My husband, who is not big on homemade soups, loves this one. Even my grandkids love it.
Thank you so much for posting this receipe. I love soups like this and have been looking for a Pasta Bean soup for quite a while. I will definately be making this.