Pasta Crab Salad
"When it comes to cooking, I believe the simpler the better," writes Holland, Michigan's Carol Blauw. "A few years ago, a co-worker told me about this colorful, tasty and, most importantly, easy-to-prepare salad," she says. "It has been a favorite at our house ever since."
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4-1/2 cups uncooked Daily Chef Garden Rotini
Give flavor to your favorite Italian meals with premium Daily Chef Pasta.
Learn More >
- 1 package (16 ounces) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1/3 cup each chopped celery, green pepper and onion
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold
- water. Place in large bowl; add the crab, celery, green pepper and
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing and dill.
- Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at
- least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 242 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 579 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.