Pasta Crab Salad Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 package (16 ounces) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Toss with crab and vegetables. Combine remaining ingredients. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 242 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 579 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pasta Crab Salad
"Very easy and very good. Will be my go to for summer picnics."
"This is the best Crab Salad I've ever tasted. I started using this recipe back in 2010 when it first appeared on the TOH website . I prepare it exactly the way the recipe states - no changes."
"I always add a couple of boiled eggs to my crab salads and a bit of sweet pickle relish. Adds a bit of oomph."
"This was really good.. My husband loved it, he said it very good for a light lunch. Just might need to make it a bit wetter when ready to serve. The salad soaked up the dressing that was put on, so much probably have to had a 1/4 more mayo and 1/4 more ranch dressing to it."
"After refrigerating the salad for several hours, I mixed up an extra 1/4 c. mayo, 1/4 c. ranch dressing, and 1/2 tsp dill weed and tossed into the salad just before serving. -Lori in WI."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.