Pasta Chicken Salad Recipe
Pasta, sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes and olives turn everyday salad mix into a Mediterranean delight. It’s also a great way to use up leftover chicken. Thanks to Brandlyn Graham of Clifton, Tennessee for the recipe!
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (6 ounces)
- 3/4 cup uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3 cups Italian-blend salad greens
- 1/2 cup quartered water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 8 pitted ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, combine the salad greens, artichokes, olives and tomatoes. Cube chicken. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add pasta and chicken to salad greens.
- Drizzle dressing over salad; sprinkle with walnuts and cheese. Toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pasta Chicken Salad in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p56
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pasta Chicken Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Pasta >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Pasta Salads >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Chicken Salads >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Italian Pasta Salads >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Salad Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >