"'This tastes just like a cheeseburger' is what I always hear when I serve this satisfying soup," says Darlene Brenden. In Salem, Oregon, she combines ground beef and small shell pasta with popular burger toppings.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, diluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1 cup uncooked small shell pasta
- Ketchup and Mustard
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, soups and relish. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add pasta. Cook, uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender stirring occasionally. Drizzle each serving with ketchup and mustard. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Pasta Cheeseburger Soup in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p41
Reviews for Pasta Cheeseburger Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review