Pasta Carbonara Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked tube pasta
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels. In the drippings, saute garlic until tender. Add the milk, cream cheese and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and bacon; heat through. Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 876 calories, 69g fat (38g saturated fat), 165mg cholesterol, 874mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Pasta Carbonara
"I have made this exactly like the recipe says and it was great, but it hurt to put a full stick of butter in!! So I put half... and did 1/3 fat cream cheese. I also used pancetta and there was no grease... I guess that is a good thing if trying to make it less fat!! I used quinoa pasta, first time user, and I couldn't tell the difference. I hope this helps, the original recipe was great too!! But I was trying to make it a bit healthier for my family. Love it!!"
"quick and creamy! We used packaged, fully-cooked bacon strips to save time and added more garlic for more flavor. Goes well with all kinds of sides and salads."
"It was a good Friday meal and delicious. Liked putting in some peas. Had some frozen from the garden last summer. Really tasty"
"Made it as written and it was delicious. Next time I plan on trying to slim it down with reduced fat cream cheese, turkey bacon, and a little less butter."
"I love pasta dishes, and can't wait to try this one! Sounds yummy!! thanks for sharing!"
"This sounds like heaven on a plate. Thanks for posting this very easy recipe."