This rich pasta toss from Cathy Lorenzini is great for everyday dinners or special occasions. "I can come home from work and throw this dish together in a half hour," says the St. Charles, Missouri cook. "Wherever I take it, I'm constantly asked for the recipe."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups uncooked tube pasta
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels. In the
- drippings, saute garlic until tender. Add the milk, cream cheese and
- butter; stir until smooth. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and bacon;
- heat through. Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 876 calories, 69 g fat (38 g saturated fat), 165 mg cholesterol, 874 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.