Pasta Beef Soup Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pasta with broccoli, corn and carrots in garlic-seasoned sauce
- 1-1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the broth, pasta with vegetables, tomato juice, tomatoes and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cups (prepared with lean ground beef and reduced-sodium beef broth and tomato juice; calculated without Parmesan cheese) equals 253 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 680 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.