- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked small pasta shells
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, saute the onion, carrot and celery in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Add the broth, pasta, sugar, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add the beans and tomatoes; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Garnish with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pasta Bean Soup
Sort By :
So good and easy to make.
80 F today. This soup would not only be good for a winter meal, but had to try it and it was awesome even in the heat. Love this stuff !
We loved this soup. I did add a cooked pound of ground beef I had hanging out in the freezer and I think it made it better, but it would have been great without it. I love bean soups with tomatoes and is one of the better recipes I've tried.
I was on the phone with my adult son while eating it (why do they always call when you're sitting down to dinner?) and I told him how delicious it was and how it was the best meal I've ever made, which wasn't much of an exaggeration. It really is that good.
Reminds me of a good minestrone; very hearty and rather tasty.
More Recipe Collections
- Bean Soup Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Soup Recipes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >