Pasta Arrabbiata (Angry Pasta) Recipe
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) tomato puree
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; discard drippings.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute garlic in olive oil for 1 minute. Add the tomato puree, basil, pepper flakes and bacon. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve with sauce; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup pasta with 3/4 cup sauce (calculated without cheese): 460 calories, 28g fat (7g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 925mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein
Reviews for Pasta Arrabbiata (Angry Pasta)
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.