- 1/2 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) tomato puree
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; discard drippings.
- In the same skillet, saute garlic in olive oil for 1 minute. Add the tomato puree, basil, pepper flakes and bacon. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve with sauce; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pasta Arrabbiata (Angry Pasta)
"I followed this recipe exactly. Did not overcook the garlic. All ingredients were freshly bought. But the sauce is very bitter. Can I do anything to fix it?....It's now 4 days later and no response. I will now have to throw out the whole batch. What a piece of crap recipe!"