Pasta and Veggies in Garlic Sauce Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic and pepper flakes in oil for 1 minute. Add garbanzo beans and tomatoes; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add spinach and salt; cook and stir until spinach is wilted.
- 2. Drain pasta; add to vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 370 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 432mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Pasta and Veggies in Garlic Sauce
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.