Pasta and Veggies in Garlic Sauce
Big garlic flavor and a little heat from red pepper flakes help perk up this fresh-tasting pasta dish recommended by Doris Heath of Franklin, North Carolina.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute garlic and pepper flakes in oil for 1 minute. Add
- garbanzo beans and tomatoes; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add
- spinach and salt; cook and stir until spinach is wilted.
- Drain pasta; add to vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese;
- toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 370 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 432 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber,