Big garlic flavor and a little heat from red pepper flakes help perk up this fresh-tasting pasta dish recommended by Doris Heath of Franklin, North Carolina.
- 12 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic and pepper flakes in oil for 1 minute. Add garbanzo beans and tomatoes; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add spinach and salt; cook and stir until spinach is wilted.
- Drain pasta; add to vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pasta and Veggies in Garlic Sauce in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p59
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pasta and Veggies in Garlic Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review