- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked medium pasta shells
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup juice; set pineapple aside. In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, curry powder, salt, pepper and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Stir in mayonnaise and sour cream.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, pasta, water chestnuts, red pepper and reserved pineapple. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pasta and Shrimp Salad
Sort By :
"Except for the curry powder and the bell pepper I don't care what color. I used cumin and little old bay and for the pepper I use mild red chili pepper and Sweet cubanelle pepper"