Pasta and Sausage Bake Recipe
- 1 pound Italian sausage links
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces mostaccioli, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Slice into 1/2-inch pieces. In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, combine the sausage, sauce, mostaccioli and Parmesan cheese. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 384 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 867mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Pasta and Sausage Bake
"I added a can of sliced black olives to this recipe and it turned out great. Fast, easy and tastes great."
"Have been making this for 30+ years with 1 lb. of ground beef, 24 oz. jar of spaghetti sauce, 1/2 cup of pizza sauce, sliced mushrooms, and two cups of mozzarella cheese, divided, one cup mixed in with the sauce, and then one cup on top. We love it and there is never any left when I take it to gatherings. Best of all is that I can make it in my large electric skillet and carry it where the party is, or make it stovetop and then use a large slow cooker to keep it warm. You just can't go wrong with this."
"Mostaccioli appears to be very similar to penne pasta."
"Loved this & super quick! For healthy twist, I simmered turkey sausage with chopped green pepper, onion & garlic & used a 24-oz. jar of sauce (not 14). YUM!!!"
"To answer the 1st review. It is a pasta, that you will find on the shelves with all the other various kinds of pasta. Hope this helps."
"i want to make this b'cuz looks & sounds so-o good. But what is mostaccioli?????"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.