Pasta and Sausage Bake
This comforting pasta dish is the star of my family's most-requested dinner. It smells wonderful when baking in the oven. —Janet Roehring, Marble Falls, Texas
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces mostaccioli, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until a thermometer
- reads 160°; drain. Slice into 1/2-inch pieces. In a greased
- 2-qt. baking dish, combine the sausage, sauce, mostaccioli and
- Parmesan cheese. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.