Pasta and Peppers Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium sweet yellow peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine or additional vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute peppers in butter until crisp-tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Combine cornstarch, broth and wine or additional broth until smooth; stir into pepper mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in the basil, salt and pepper. Drain pasta; toss with pepper mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 249 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 665 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 vegetable.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.