Pasta alla Puttanesca Recipe
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted Greek olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook anchovy fillets in oil for 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, water, tomato paste and seasonings.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in olives and capers; heat through. Serve with pasta. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
2/3 cup: 146 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 668mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Pasta alla Puttanesca
"Very nice strongly-flavored sauce. The anchovy (I substituted anchovy paste) gives it it such a nice richness. I think it would make a good pizza sauce too."