Pasta & Sun-Dried Tomato Salad
The beauty of orzo pasta is that it can be served warm or cold; an ideal dish for casual picnics and cook-outs. —Dawn Williams, Scottsboro, Alabama
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 can (49 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes plus 2 teaspoons oil from the jar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Optional toppings: crumbled feta cheese and canned garbanzo beans
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in orzo; return to a
- boil. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain orzo; transfer to a large bowl. (Discard broth or save for
- another use.) Stir in the tomatoes, oil from sun-dried tomatoes,
- garlic, salt and pepper; cool completely.
- Add Parmesan cheese and basil; toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate
- until serving. Serve with toppings if desired. Yield: 8 servings.