- 1 can (49 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes plus 2 teaspoons oil from the jar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Optional toppings: crumbled feta cheese and canned garbanzo beans
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in orzo; return to a boil. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain orzo; transfer to a large bowl. (Discard broth or save for another use.) Stir in the tomatoes, oil from sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper; cool completely.
- Add Parmesan cheese and basil; toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with toppings if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pasta & Sun-Dried Tomato Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2012, p32
Reviews for Pasta & Sun-Dried Tomato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2014
"I loved this. I did add feta and garbanzo beans as suggested in the notes. Great combination!"
Reviewed Oct. 14, 2012
"Served with blackened fish! Perfect combo!. Added 4oz of feta. Could have used a few more sun-dried tomatoes, if you're a big fan."