Pasta & Broccoli Sausage Simmer Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 pounds Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Split Rope Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium bunches broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1. Cook pasta according to directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute the sausage, broccoli and onion for 5-6 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- 3. Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley and sugar. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain pasta; stir into the sausage mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 544 calories, 32 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,395 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.