I created this meal when trying to use up a large head of broccoli. My family requests it at least once a week, which is handy because we always have the ingredients. —Lisa Montgomery, Elmira, Ontario
- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 pounds smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium bunches broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute the sausage, broccoli and onion for 5-6 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley and sugar. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain pasta; stir into the sausage mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pasta & Broccoli Sausage Simmer in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p59
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pasta & Broccoli Sausage Simmer
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Soup Bar >