We use these traditional bagels to make sandwiches throughout our Passover. But they can also be served as rolls with dinner.—Myrna Lief, Burlington, Massachusetts
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 4 eggs
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, oil, sugar and salt to a boil.
- Add matzo meal all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms.
- Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a
- time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until
- mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop dough into 12 mounds 3 in. apart on two greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 12-15
- minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks.
- Immediately cut a slit in each to allow steam to escape; cool.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts:B> 1 serving (1 each) equals 134 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 70 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.