- each portion into a well-greased 10-in. springform pan. Divide
- reserved dough into six balls. Shape each ball into a 30-in. rope;
- make two braids of three ropes each. Place a braid around the edge
- of each pan, forming a circle. Trim ends of braids, reserving dough
- scraps. Pinch ends of braids to seal. Shape scraps into two long
- thin ropes; form into rosettes or crosses. Place one decoration on
- the center of each loaf. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1
- In a small bowl, beat egg and water; brush over dough. Bake at
- 350° for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans
- to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 342 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 380 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.