Pasa De Shuto Recipe
- 1 pound bulk sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 cups chopped vegetables (carrots, onions, green peppers, fresh mushrooms and celery)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) thin spaghetti, broken into 1-inch lengths
- 1. In a large skillet, brown sausage and beef, until no longer pink; drain. Add vegetables and saute just until crisp-tender. Stir in soups, tomato sauce and spices.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Add to skillet and stir gently to mix. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 310 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 721 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.