Pasa De Shuto
My father, who had worked on the railroad, use to make this dish for special family occasions. After he passed away, our family discovered that no one else had this recipe! Then one of my school friends mentioned Pasa de Shuto and shared her recipe with me. I experimented with it until it tasted just the way my father made it.
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound bulk sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 cups chopped vegetables (carrots, onions, green peppers, fresh mushrooms and celery)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) thin spaghetti, broken into 1-inch lengths
- In a large skillet, brown sausage and beef, until no longer pink;
- drain. Add vegetables and saute just until crisp-tender. Stir in
- soups, tomato sauce and spices.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Add
- to skillet and stir gently to mix. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 310 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 721 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.