- 1 pound bulk sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 cups chopped vegetables (carrots, onions, green peppers, fresh mushrooms and celery)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) thin spaghetti, broken into 1-inch lengths
- In a large skillet, brown sausage and beef, until no longer pink; drain. Add vegetables and saute just until crisp-tender. Stir in soups, tomato sauce and spices.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Add to skillet and stir gently to mix. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pasa De Shuto
"I made this dish for the first time. It was excellent and I will make this again. I had enough leftovers for three days worth of meals."
"Didn't like the seasonings added. My husband said it tasted funny."
"I use chopped parsnips as one of the vegetables because my family likes their peppery-sweet flavor. After adding the spaghetti to the meat and vegetable mixture, I sometimes pour everything into a casserole dish and pop it into the oven to keep warm.My two sons loved this dish so much while they were growing up that they often requested it, and they still do. When my younger son got his first leave from the USAF, he called to tell me to be sure to fix Pasa De Shuto for him."