Partytime Beans Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 to 3 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Stir in the beans and peas. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or until onion and peppers are tender. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Partytime Beans
Sort By :
"We were underwhelmed with this recipe. We didn't like the green pepper and weren't thrilled with the black-eyed peas. I added another 1/2 cup of sugar to try to cut some of the vinegar taste. Apparently we're in the minority since most other reviewers loved these beans."
"These beans were delicious and a hit at the potluck I took them to. I will definitely make this recipe again and again."
"Yummy. Great to bring to a potluck."
"So easy & great at a party....We are going to a fish fry tomorrow...I needed to bring bake beans...My friend doesn't eat pork...Looking for a fill-in...this is it !!!! Thanks it is wonderful I know everyone will love it.... :)"
"Yummmm - wonderful. My high-end food store didn't sell canned lima beans, so I substituted chili beans, added another can of blackeyed peas & omitted the red & green bell peppers, but put in a red bell pepper seasoning. I followed some cook's advice by adding the turkey bacon."