Party Tortellini Salad
“This easy salad with its crowd-pleasing flavors makes a wonderful addition to cookouts and picnics,” writes Mary Wilt of Ipswich, Massachusetts. “It’s a favorite with folks of all ages.”
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, halved
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat red wine vinaigrette
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse in
- cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the tortellini, broccoli, red pepper and
- olives. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with salt; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 156 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 596 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.