Party Spinach Spread
This appetizer is delicious, easy and pretty, too! Everyone who tries it asks for the recipe. The spread keeps for several days, so it's great for making in advance for a party. But once you put it out, it won't last long!
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, about 2/3 cup
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, stems trimmed and discarded
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Thaw spinach and drain thoroughly, squeezing out extra liquid. Wash
- parsley; pat dry on paper toweling. In food processor, chop parsley
- using steel blade. Add spinach and remaining ingredients; pulse
- until combined. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. Serve
- with thin wheat crackers, buttery crackers or celery and cheese
- sticks. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 74 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.