- 1 package (19 ounces) Johnsonville® Italian Hot Sausage Links
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce, divided
- Cook sausage links according to package directions; drain, cut into 1/4 –inch slices and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine mozzarella, ricotta, egg, parsley and seasonings.
- On a lightly floured surface, cut dough in half. Roll each into a 12-inch circle.
- On two parchment-lined baking sheets, carefully place one dough round on each baking sheet. Spoon 1/2 cup of pizza sauce, half the cheese mixture and half of the sausage slices onto the lower half of each dough round, keep the outer 1/2 -inch edge of dough free of ingredients.
- With a pastry brush, moisten the outer 1/2 -inch of each dough round with water. Fold dough over filling and crimp edges firmly to seal. Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut each Calzone in half and serve with remaining pizza sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Party-Sized Sausage Calzones in Johnsonville® Sausage 2015
Reviews for Party-Sized Sausage Calzones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review