- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Add shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Drain shrimp, discarding marinade. Place shrimp on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Party Shrimp
"Its sure is a party. It is perfect blend of sweet and tangy with just the right amount of spices that you will certainly enjoy. You my want to double the recipe as I made the full amount of marinade for just the 2 of us. I cannot wait to serve this recipe to my family. I am so happy to have found a new Marinated Shrimp Recipe. Its a keeper.JanieTaste of Home Volunteer Field Editor."
"Like others, this shrimp needs no sauce. Both me and my husband loved it. Will be making again."
"I only marinaded these for 20 minutes and they still turned out great! I can't imagine how good it would be with the full 2 hours! The caption at the top says it all - you don't need any sauce!I served these with rice and had it as a main meal instead of an appetizer - it would be good both ways. Here is my blog post on it: http://heatskitchen.com/2016/01/25/party-shrimp/"
"My grandkids loved this and was easy to prepare!"
"Pretty good. Very easy and quick."
"Easy and yummy addition to my appetizer party. I got no complaints and the shrimp disappeared. No sauce needed for these tasty bites. Thank you for sharing Kendra.*I would use uncooked shrimp for the best results."
"These were absolutely fabulous! Will definately make again!"
"Do you have to use uncooked shrimp?"
"I made this for dinner exactly as written and we loved it. I will definitely make it again. Since there are only two of us, we had leftovers which we plan to add to a salad for lunch."
"I made this tonight and it was delicious. I didn't have fresh garlic so I used minced. I'll definitely make this often."