- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Add shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Drain shrimp, discarding marinade. Place shrimp on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Party Shrimp
"Like others, this shrimp needs no sauce. Both me and my husband loved it. Will be making again."
"I only marinaded these for 20 minutes and they still turned out great! I can't imagine how good it would be with the full 2 hours! The caption at the top says it all - you don't need any sauce!I served these with rice and had it as a main meal instead of an appetizer - it would be good both ways. Here is my blog post on it: http://heatskitchen.com/2016/01/25/party-shrimp/"
"My grandkids loved this and was easy to prepare!"
"Pretty good. Very easy and quick."
"Easy and yummy addition to my appetizer party. I got no complaints and the shrimp disappeared. No sauce needed for these tasty bites. Thank you for sharing Kendra.*I would use uncooked shrimp for the best results."
"These were absolutely fabulous! Will definately make again!"
"Do you have to use uncooked shrimp?"
"I made this for dinner exactly as written and we loved it. I will definitely make it again. Since there are only two of us, we had leftovers which we plan to add to a salad for lunch."
"I made this tonight and it was delicious. I didn't have fresh garlic so I used minced. I'll definitely make this often."
"Marinated 10 shrimps so halved the ingredients...used a tsp of butter n olive oil and sauteed 2 minced garlic in it till fragrant n added to other spices as in the recipe...broiled them on wet skewers...made it easier to turn to other side...used level 3/4 tsp of brown sugar ...didn't find these sweet atall thanks to other reviews....we're Delish. ..I'm not a fan of seafood but didn't find these smelly ...rather light, tasty n mild....might add more lemon juice for added flavor next time....easy to prepare...my picky husband ate most of them...(who is a big fan of seafood....needless to say Shrimps)!!!!"