Don't want any leftovers on January 2? Serve these sausages January 1, suggests JoAnn Renner of Xenia, Ohio! "I've never had even one end up uneaten," she says.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 2 pounds smoked sausage links
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Catalina salad dressing
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Russian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- Cut sausages diagonally into 1/2-in. slices; cook in a skillet over
- medium heat until lightly browned. Transfer sausages to a 3-qt. slow
- cooker; discard drippings.
- Add dressings, brown sugar and juice to skillet; cook and stir over
- medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over sausages. Cover
- and cook on low for 1-2 hours or until heated through. Yield: 16
Editor's Note: French salad dressing may be substituted for one or both dressings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 326 calories, 25 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 924 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.