Party Sandwich Tree Recipe
Cherry tomatoes, radish slices and green olives decorate this festive fir formed by arranging open-face sandwich triangles. An assortment of meats and cheese spreads can be used to suit varying tastes.
- 11 slices thin rye bread
- 3 cups Starry Cheese Spread or cheese spread of your choice
- Chopped pecans
- 10 slices deli roast beef, halved
- Leaf lettuce
- Pimiento-stuffed olives, halved cherry tomatoes and sliced radishes
- 1. Cut each slice of bread into a 3-1/2-in. x 3-in. rectangle, removing crusts. Spread with cheese spread. Cut each rectangle in half diagonally, forming triangles. At the bottom of a 24-in. x 18-in. serving tray or covered board, center two triangles with long sides together for trunk of Christmas tree.
- 2. Above the trunk, place a row of six triangles with long sides together, forming three rectangles; place one triangle on either side of rectangles. For the next row, place four triangles, forming two rectangles, with a triangle on either side. Above that, place two triangles, forming one rectangle, with a triangle on either side. For the top row, place the two remaining triangles 1/2 in. apart with 3-in. sides facing. (Leave room at the top of the tray for the Starry Cheese Spread mold if desired.)
- 3. Sprinkle pecans over tree trunk. Top the rest of the triangles with beef and lettuce. Add olive, tomato and radish "ornaments" with toothpicks. Yield: 22 appetizers.
Reviews for Party Sandwich Tree
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC