Party Sandwich Tree
Cherry tomatoes, radish slices and green olives decorate this festive fir formed by arranging open-face sandwich triangles. An assortment of meats and cheese spreads can be used to suit varying tastes.
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 11 slices thin rye bread
- 3 cups Starry Cheese Spread or cheese spread of your choice
- Chopped pecans
- 10 slices deli roast beef, halved
- Leaf lettuce
- Pimiento-stuffed olives, halved cherry tomatoes and sliced radishes
- Cut each slice of bread into a 3-1/2-in. x 3-in. rectangle, removing
- crusts. Spread with cheese spread. Cut each rectangle in half
- diagonally, forming triangles. At the bottom of a 24-in. x 18-in.
- serving tray or covered board, center two triangles with long sides
- together for trunk of Christmas tree.
- Above the trunk, place a row of six triangles with long sides
- together, forming three rectangles; place one triangle on either
- side of rectangles. For the next row, place four triangles, forming
- two rectangles, with a triangle on either side. Above that, place
- two triangles, forming one rectangle, with a triangle on either
- side. For the top row, place the two remaining triangles 1/2 in.
- apart with 3-in. sides facing. (Leave room at the top of the tray
- for the Starry Cheese Spread mold if desired.)
- Sprinkle pecans over tree trunk. Top the rest of the triangles with