- 11 slices thin rye bread
- 3 cups Starry Cheese Spread or cheese spread of your choice
- Chopped pecans
- 10 slices deli roast beef, halved
- Leaf lettuce
- Pimiento-stuffed olives, halved cherry tomatoes and sliced radishes
- Cut each slice of bread into a 3-1/2-in. x 3-in. rectangle, removing crusts. Spread with cheese spread. Cut each rectangle in half diagonally, forming triangles. At the bottom of a 24-in. x 18-in. serving tray or covered board, center two triangles with long sides together for trunk of Christmas tree.
- Above the trunk, place a row of six triangles with long sides together, forming three rectangles; place one triangle on either side of rectangles. For the next row, place four triangles, forming two rectangles, with a triangle on either side. Above that, place two triangles, forming one rectangle, with a triangle on either side. For the top row, place the two remaining triangles 1/2 in. apart with 3-in. sides facing. (Leave room at the top of the tray for the Starry Cheese Spread mold if desired.)
- Sprinkle pecans over tree trunk. Top the rest of the triangles with beef and lettuce. Add olive, tomato and radish "ornaments" with toothpicks. Yield: 22 appetizers.
Originally published as Party Sandwich Tree in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p9
Reviews for Party Sandwich Tree
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review