- 16 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 to 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped, optional
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- In a large Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the first 12 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into salsa. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes; cool. Yield: about 2 quarts.
Originally published as Party Salsa in Down the Aisle Country-Style 2000, p26
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Party Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2012
I was looking for a recipe for salsa that taste similar to paste picante sauce. This one comes very close.I used 4 jalapenos. It was really spicy but very good. Next time i will use 2 or 3.